Apart of Me helps young people find hope and meaning when someone close to them has died. We have been working really hard over the last nearly 3 years to create a beautiful digital, healing tool that will help young people - especially those young people who might not be able to access traditional counselling support or who are from families who find it really difficult to talk about death, grief, and the feelings that come with this.
Apart of Me helps young people to:
- Feel less alone and more connected to other people who have experienced childhood bereavement.
- Learn strategies that will help them find peace within their emotions.
- Guide them to a place where they will help others going through something similar to them.
Apart of Me is a non-profit. We want this healing tool to be available for free to those who most need it. To make this mission possible, we are totally reliant on the love and generosity of volunteers and donors.
How you can help
We are currently looking for volunteers to help us in some specific areas.
Over the next few weeks, as we build up to launch mid-November, we are looking for the following help:
- Researchers - mainly desktop research to, for example, to help us connect with the right people to make this campaign a success and get Apart of Me into the hands of those who need it the most.
- PR and Marketing assistants - to help us with some of the following: updating social media, writing and posting blog posts and other copy, replying to comments, messages, etc., Keeping track of press requests and sample movement for the week ahead.
- Grief Story listeners and editors - to help us edit the stories we are recording in the Audible studios, so that we can put the most helpful bits into the Cave.
- Game reviewers and testers - provide feedback on early versions of the game and find problems before our users do.
If you can help with any of these roles please contact us here or email us at [email protected].